It is almost impossible for anyone, even the most ineffective among us, to continue to choose misery after becoming aware that it is a choice.
—William Glasser (via fuckyeahexistentialism)
The Ten Axioms of Choice Theory
- The only person whose behavior we can control is our own.
- All we can give another person is information.
- All long-lasting psychological problems are relationship problems.
- The problem relationship is always part of our present life.
- What happened in the past…
So therefore I dedicate myself to myself, to my art, my sleep, my dreams, my labors, my suffrances, my loneliness, my unique madness, my endless absorption and hunger - because I cannot dedicate myself to any fellow being.
If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward then, brother, that person is a piece of shit.
—True Detective (via fuckyeahexistentialism)